Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Wallpaper

Sure, and Yeah, I take pictures with a poor man's cellular telephone camera. What of it? I'll even deign to--stoop so low as to--use an especially inspired cell phone pic as the background image (tiled, like wallpapered) for my inexhaustible blog, my vertitable e-Sanctuary. It's quite an image, and I'm not the only to say so. What is it made of? Or, for the prescriptive linguists among us: Of what is it made?
 ***

This marginal picture, it's made of Leap Day 2012. Made of unseasonable warmth, and heavywet, fallen Midwest snow. Made of subsequent meltage, forming a tea-colored side-yard pond. Made of dude-man's imagination and thirsty eye. Made of love for low-light February afternoons, love for reflections upon water. Made of poetic/prosaic inclinations.

***

On a cigarette break from the indoors, I've seen this thing, glimpsed it from my lookout, and I think it's great, inexhaustible, worth having for posterity, for some peculiar aww-lookit-this reason (the collector/documentor's impulse, I suppose). With appropriate boots, I walk to the temporal banks of Sideyard Pond, where I fall in love with this layered image: like, superimposed or something, like badass Photoshop magic, like glazed and varnished Maxfield Parrish...but here it is in my yard. Snap the pic that becomes wallpaper--the tree, that venerable Silver Maple, reflected in providential side-yard water.

Hours later, in a computer program called iPhoto, the imp of something compels me to rotate the picture one-hundred & eighty digital degrees. Boom! Magic. The edge of snow at my then-feet becomes some sort of corroded, beginning-to-burn-celluloid-film sky (now quite surreal), and the reflected tree--that once upside down thing--is now upright. WOW, we've got it: a daily inexhaustible.

No comments:

Post a Comment